Registered user since Fri 3 Jun 2016
Name: Peng Wu
Bio: Peng Wu joined Huawei US research lab in 2014 as Chief Scientist on Multicore and Parallel System Software. She now serves as the director for the newly founded Programming Technologies Lab in the Central Software Institute of Huawei. As the first director of the Programming Technologies Lab, she is interested in all aspects of programming systems including programming models, (dynamic) language VMs, and intelligent programming services.
Before joining Huawei, Peng Wu was a research staff member at IBM T.J. Watson research center for more than a decade. During her IBM years, she has made major contribution to IBM’s product C/C++/Fortran compilers and Java VM and has done extensive research on SIMD programming, scripting languages VM, trace compilation, transactional memory, and software-hardware co-design. She held more than 20 patents.
Peng Wu received her PhD in computer science from University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign in 2001. She continues to be actively engaged in the research community. She has co-authored more than 30 papers (including a best paper award in PACT’12) and has helped organize and served as PCs in many technical conferences. She is also an adjunct professor in the Department of Computer Science at University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign since 2012. For more information, check out http://pengwu.wordpress.com/.
Affiliation: Huawei America Lab
Personal website: http://pengwu.wordpress.com
Research interests: Compilers, Dynamic programming languages
SPLASH 2015 Activities
- Presenter of When CT meets IT: Programming Challenges in the age of ICT Convergence within the SPLASH-I-track in SPLASH 2015
- Author of Vectorization of Apply to Reduce Interpretation Overhead of R within the OOPSLA-track in SPLASH 2015
- Panelist of The Future of Programming Languages and Programmers within the Panels-track in SPLASH 2015
- Author of Vectorization of Apply to Reduce Interpretation Overhead of R within the OOPSLA Artifacts-track in SPLASH 2015
- Show activities from other conferences
View general profile