Registered user since Fri 25 Apr 2014
Name: Robert Hirschfeld
Bio: Robert Hirschfeld is a Professor of Computer Science at the Hasso Plattner Institute at the University of Potsdam, Germany. There he founded and leads the Software Architecture Group which is concerned with fundamental elements and structures of software. Methods and tools are developed for improving the comprehension and design of complex and interesting systems.
He served as a visiting professor at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (東京工業大学) and The University of Tokyo (東京大学), Japan.
Robert was a senior researcher with DoCoMo Euro-Labs, the European research facility of NTT DoCoMo Japan, where he worked on infrastructure components for next generation mobile communication systems with a focus on dynamic service adaptation and context-oriented programming.
Prior to joining DoCoMo Euro-Labs, he was a principal engineer at Windward Solutions in Sunnyvale, California, where he designed and implemented distributed object systems, consulted in the area of object database technologies, and developed innovative software products and applications.
Robert received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany.
Personal website: http://www.hirschfeld.org/
SPLASH 2015 Activities
- Author of Columnar Objects: Improving the Performance of Analytical Applications within the Onward! Papers-track in Onward! 2015
- Committee Member in Program Committee for DLS 2015
- Author of Checks and Balances: Constraint Solving without Surprises in Object-Constraint Programming Languages within the OOPSLA-track in SPLASH 2015
- Author of Checks and Balances - Constraint Solving without Surprises in Object-Constraint Programming Languages within the OOPSLA Artifacts-track in SPLASH 2015
- Onward! 2013 Papers Chair in Steering Committee for SPLASH 2015
- Author of Lively Groups: Shared Behavior in a World of Objects without Classes or Prototypes within the Future Programming Workshop-track in Future Programming Workshop 2015
- Committee Member in Steering Committee for Onward! 2015
- Author of Language Independent Storage Strategies for Tracing JIT based VMs within the DLS-track in DLS 2015
- Show activities from other conferences
View general profile