There are several ways that students may receive financial support for participation at the SPLASH 2015 conference.
US National Science Foundation (NSF) Support
The US National Science Foundation has provided funding to support student attendance at SPLASH 2015. Applicants must be registered students at accredited US academic institutions. Successful applicants will be reimbursed for approved expenses, including conference student registration, travel, accommodation, and reasonable meal expenses. All reimbursements will require original receipts. Instructions on filing for reimbursement will be provided to successful applicants. Application can be made at http://goo.gl/forms/tI7Ztr33i4.
Support from NSF is provided through Grant CCF-1549774. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
ACM SIGPLAN PAC Funds
The ACM SIGPLAN PAC Funds : support travel, accommodation and registration for Students who have a paper at the conference, see SIGPLAN Professional Activities Committee
Events with Financial Support
- Volunteering at the conference, see Student Volunteers (Applications Due: 7 August)
- The ACM Student Research Competition, see Student Research Competition (Submissions Due: 30 June)
- PLMW at SPLASH: The purpose of Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop (PLMW) is to give promising undergraduate students from around Pittsburgh who consider pursuing a graduate degree in this field an overview of what research in this field looks like and how to get into and succeed in graduate school.
Other events students can submit papers to:
- Demos (Submissions Due: 30 June)
- Doctoral Symposium (Submissions Due: 30 June)
- Posters (Submissions Due: 30 June)
- Tutorials (Submissions Due: 30 June)
- Workshop Papers (Submissions Due: see each accepted workshop)
Student Accommodation Support
Looking for a roommate to share a room with? Contact the Student Volunteer Co-Chairs.