United States visa policy permits citizens of Canada and Bermuda to travel to the U.S. without a visa.
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of participating countries to travel to the US without a visa for 90 days. Currently, 37 countries participate in the VWP. To travel, you must have authorization through ESTA prior to boarding. ESTA is the automated web-based system to determine eligibility to travel without a visa to the US. Visit the ESTA page.
All other visitors to the US require a non-immigrant visa. For more information visit the Visas page.
The ACM does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to attend SPLASH. We can however issue a visa support letter. For visa support letters, please send all requests to the Office of SIG Services via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Your name as it appears on your passport
- Current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend (SPLASH)
- Your Registration Confirmation Number
- If you have a paper accepted, provide title and indicate if you are ‘sole’ or ‘co-’ author
- Visa support letters are issued via e-mail and the original is mailed to your postal address.
See the ACM Visa Support Letters page for updates to this policy.